Picnic at family tower
Military towers is preserved in many Caucasian republics. They are in remote areas of Dagestan, they are collected almost again in Chechnya, they are proud of in North Ossetia and Georgian Svaneti. But only in Jeirakh district of Ingushetia have Targonsky the basin in which all sides are piled real tower of the city, and some “skyscrapers” reach the height of a modern ten-storied house. And these stone villages still continue to live. On the weekends here come the lowland Ingush — to have a picnic near the family tower of his family and to tidy up the ancient stones. Summer wrestlers from around the world gather in the valley for the tournament “Battle in the mountains”. Shepherds lead the flock trails blazed by their ancestors. Almost every mountaineer invites travellers to visit for tea. But don’t believe them. Actually, instead of tea waiting for you a complete meal with a whole mountain of local dishes and a long leisurely conversations about life. A pair of these “cups of tea” — and a full belly is already thoroughly prevents mountain climbing. But to retreat when in front of towering proud ledged roof, impossible.
Finally, all the obstacles behind. Before us is a tower complex, a real medieval castle, with all the usual attributes: high stone walls, narrow staircases and even an analogue aerial lift bridge.
On the ground floor a wide residential tower (gala) kept cattle. On the second — staged home. The pagans believed that the fire is inhabited by the souls of the dead, Continue reading
In the North Caucasus revealed the ancient structure, comparable in scale with the pyramids of Giza.
We used to think that the main megaliths on the planet is concentrated in Egypt, South America, China. Our dolmens, which are conventionally referred to megalithic structures, pyramids and “great walls” look like dwarfs. But recently in the North Caucasus had discovered the mysterious system of underground structures. So, in Kabardino-Balkaria near the village Zayukovo opened a mysterious multi-kilometer tunnels. The researchers suggest that they connected ancient settlements that existed on our planet thousands of years ago. It is curious that all the tunnels are concentrated around a huge underground structure in the form of an upturned pyramid…
“For many years we have been searching for, went to the place of the alleged dungeon, listened to old-timers, — says the head of the all-Russian public research Association “Kosmopoisk” Vadim Chernobrov. — And last fall moved to a place where, according to the stories of elders, is the Old Town. This is not allegory, but a literal translation from the vernacular. Old timers say that it was built by the people who lived here Continue reading
The mysterious brick building in Kiev
Strange buildings – the people called their round towers – appeared during the reign of Emperor Nicholas I as objects constructed when the Kiev fortress. Although encyclopedic dictionary “Kiev”, published in 1982, claims that the round tower is only one, in fact six of them.
Tower was built in the heart of the Vasilkovsky fortifications (now Shchors street, 38). Its construction began in 1831 and lasted 6 years. Wall with a gate appeared a little later – in 1838–1839.
The tower was originally two-storey and was intended for the officer’s barracks. It housed the Kiev provincial garrison battalion. However, since 1839 th it was used as a military hospital, and later served as a prison. However, over time she once again became a barracks.
In 1897, on the external facades of the tower cut through the window and over part of the building was built on the third floor. From 1898 th here were stationed the 168th infantry Mirgorod regiment. In 1913 he passed military service member Andrey Eremenko – the future Marshal of the Soviet Union. It is here, within the walls of the tower No. 1, a talented military leader began his military career.
In the summer of 1918 in tower No. 1 is a 4th Sarducci guards regiment of the Hetman Pavlo Skoropadskiy. One of the officers of this regiment, Mikola Yanchevskii, two years later became the General-the cornet of the UPR army. In Soviet times, in the tower Continue reading