Park Kremlin period
In the Kremlin in the coming months will decide the 14-th building, located between the Spassky gates and the Senate Palace. The building of the Soviet period is not included in the register of monuments, and, according to experts, architectural value is not. The vacant place is scheduled to make an archaeological Park or to recreate the buildings of the two monasteries destroyed at the turn of the 20-30-ies of the last century. The oldest of them – miracles – was founded 650 years ago.
The administration of the President of the Russian Federation has extended the message in which, in particular, reads: “pursuant to the instructions of Russian President Vladimir Putin, announced in July last year, the Office of the President of the Russian Federation after carrying out all necessary preparatory work, calculations and consultations, including with representatives of the Ministry of culture of Russian Federation, Institute of archaeology Russian Academy of Sciences and the Russian Commission for UNESCO, made the decision to dismantle the 14th corps”.
We will remind: in the summer of last year Vladimir Putin in the Kremlin hosted a meeting with Moscow mayor Sergei Sobyanin, the commandant of the Kremlin Sergei Khlebnikov, the rector of Moscow architectural Institute Dmitry Shvidkovsky, and the Deputy Director of Moscow Kremlin Museums Andrei Batalov.
The conversation was about the plans of the Kremlin. Given that the reconstruction of the 14th corps was at an impasse due to severe technical state of the building, the head of state proposed to take the house apart to have an opportunity to recover Continue reading
The mysterious brick building in Kiev
Strange buildings – the people called their round towers – appeared during the reign of Emperor Nicholas I as objects constructed when the Kiev fortress. Although encyclopedic dictionary “Kiev”, published in 1982, claims that the round tower is only one, in fact six of them.
Tower was built in the heart of the Vasilkovsky fortifications (now Shchors street, 38). Its construction began in 1831 and lasted 6 years. Wall with a gate appeared a little later – in 1838–1839.
The tower was originally two-storey and was intended for the officer’s barracks. It housed the Kiev provincial garrison battalion. However, since 1839 th it was used as a military hospital, and later served as a prison. However, over time she once again became a barracks.
In 1897, on the external facades of the tower cut through the window and over part of the building was built on the third floor. From 1898 th here were stationed the 168th infantry Mirgorod regiment. In 1913 he passed military service member Andrey Eremenko – the future Marshal of the Soviet Union. It is here, within the walls of the tower No. 1, a talented military leader began his military career.
In the summer of 1918 in tower No. 1 is a 4th Sarducci guards regiment of the Hetman Pavlo Skoropadskiy. One of the officers of this regiment, Mikola Yanchevskii, two years later became the General-the cornet of the UPR army. In Soviet times, in the tower Continue reading
The ancient Korsun and Mykolayiv military Governor
Admiral Aleksey Samuilovich Greig, the chief commander of the black sea fleet and simultaneously military Governor of Sevastopol and Nikolaev from 1816 to 1833, by religion was Lutheran. He was the first child in the family of the famous Vice-Admiral Samuil Karlovich Greig (1736-1788), hero of the battle of Cesme, a native of Scotland, who took Russian citizenship. For exceptional services of his father at birth the baby’s godparents were Catherine II and count Alexei Grigoryevich Orlov-Chesmensky. The boy was named Alexei in honor of count Orlov.
Now the center of the city of Nikolaev “decorates” the monument “to the leader of the proletariat”. Before the revolution, a magistrate of Nikolaev decided to convert Greig for his merits in the development of the city “eternal citizen”, and the townspeople in his honor put on the Cathedral square, which now “carries” the name of Lenin square, in 1873, the monument, designed by M. O. Mikeshin famous sculptor A. M. Opekushin. The monument has not survived, it was destroyed during the revolution, and a bronze bas-relief portrait of Admiral was stolen.
From 1788 to 1808 by Alex Greig served in the Russian Navy, starting his service of 13 years. Participated in anti-French Continue reading