It is believed that as such the medieval Gothic style in Russia was not, however, according to historians, the first Gothic elements in Russian architecture was used by Vasily Bazhenov in the construction of the Palace in Tsaritsyno. In Moscow and several other buildings with a recognizable Gothic elements. An overview of seven such structures lead “the Moscow news” .
The mansion of Savva Morozov, street Spiridonovka, 17
Built in 1898 by architect Shekhtel for millionaire and his new wife, literally stolen them from the nephew. The Gothic style building was designed to emphasize the close relationship Morozova with England, where he spent the years of study. Inside the mansion were decorated by Mikhail Vrubel, but to see the interior only on special tours of moskomnasledie. According to one version, three-sided window of the former Morozov mansion Margarita flew to the ball to Woland.
Pharmacy Ferraina, Nikolskaya ulitsa, 21
At the time, was the largest in Europe. From the street the facade is in neo-Baroque style and overlooking the courtyard part of the building looks like a real Gothic castle with a tower clock. This amazing appearance pharmacy came as a result of the restructuring of the old building at the end of the nineteenth century. The interiors of the pharmacy are also impressed: marble staircases, ceilings with moldings, huge Continue reading
Park Kremlin period
In the Kremlin in the coming months will decide the 14-th building, located between the Spassky gates and the Senate Palace. The building of the Soviet period is not included in the register of monuments, and, according to experts, architectural value is not. The vacant place is scheduled to make an archaeological Park or to recreate the buildings of the two monasteries destroyed at the turn of the 20-30-ies of the last century. The oldest of them – miracles – was founded 650 years ago.
The administration of the President of the Russian Federation has extended the message in which, in particular, reads: “pursuant to the instructions of Russian President Vladimir Putin, announced in July last year, the Office of the President of the Russian Federation after carrying out all necessary preparatory work, calculations and consultations, including with representatives of the Ministry of culture of Russian Federation, Institute of archaeology Russian Academy of Sciences and the Russian Commission for UNESCO, made the decision to dismantle the 14th corps”.
We will remind: in the summer of last year Vladimir Putin in the Kremlin hosted a meeting with Moscow mayor Sergei Sobyanin, the commandant of the Kremlin Sergei Khlebnikov, the rector of Moscow architectural Institute Dmitry Shvidkovsky, and the Deputy Director of Moscow Kremlin Museums Andrei Batalov.
The conversation was about the plans of the Kremlin. Given that the reconstruction of the 14th corps was at an impasse due to severe technical state of the building, the head of state proposed to take the house apart to have an opportunity to recover Continue reading
The mysterious brick building in Kiev
Strange buildings – the people called their round towers – appeared during the reign of Emperor Nicholas I as objects constructed when the Kiev fortress. Although encyclopedic dictionary “Kiev”, published in 1982, claims that the round tower is only one, in fact six of them.
Tower was built in the heart of the Vasilkovsky fortifications (now Shchors street, 38). Its construction began in 1831 and lasted 6 years. Wall with a gate appeared a little later – in 1838–1839.
The tower was originally two-storey and was intended for the officer’s barracks. It housed the Kiev provincial garrison battalion. However, since 1839 th it was used as a military hospital, and later served as a prison. However, over time she once again became a barracks.
In 1897, on the external facades of the tower cut through the window and over part of the building was built on the third floor. From 1898 th here were stationed the 168th infantry Mirgorod regiment. In 1913 he passed military service member Andrey Eremenko – the future Marshal of the Soviet Union. It is here, within the walls of the tower No. 1, a talented military leader began his military career.
In the summer of 1918 in tower No. 1 is a 4th Sarducci guards regiment of the Hetman Pavlo Skoropadskiy. One of the officers of this regiment, Mikola Yanchevskii, two years later became the General-the cornet of the UPR army. In Soviet times, in the tower Continue reading